The Hales Corners Chamber of Chamber is a non-profit corporation, funded entirely by our membership, governed by a Board of Directors and staffed by Chamber volunteer professionals dedicated to providing quality service to our member companies. Members can maximize their experience and exposure in the community through participation at events, involvement as one of our volunteers and taking advantage of sponsorship opportunities.
A recent business study revealed that consumers are 80% more likely to purchase a good or service from a company belonging to a chamber. The Chamber’s searchable member directory on the website is popular, and consumers use our site to find quality businesses every day.
With membership options costing less than a cup of coffee per day, the Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce may well be your least expensive and most cost effective business decision. Come be a part of this close knit business community.
The Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce brings value to our member businesses and community by:
-Working closely with Village government and community organizations to stimulate economic development and strengthen community relationships.
-Hosting networking events , ribbon cuttings and socials at village businesses.
-Sponsoring Hales Corners Night Out.
-Educating local businesses on a variety of topics so that they have the latest tools and resources to thrive.
-Providing scholarships to Whitnall High School graduating seniors for college expenses.
History of Hales Corners:
Early pioneers settled in Hales Corners in 1837 and the business history for the Village of Hales Corners followed shortly after that when hotels, black smith shops, feed stores, grain elevators, a school house and a post office were built. By the late 1860s, the Hales Corners stock fair was a weekly gathering for farmers, business people and visitors to meet and trade their goods and services. The stock fair lasted until the late 1950s and, by this time, was usually held over the Labor Day holiday weekend.
By the 1930s, the business community in Hales Corners had organized the Businessman’s Association, which was comprised of car dealers, bankers, florists, grocers and civic-minded residents. The Association was an instrumental and an early advocate for Village incorporation and donated funds to make this a reality by 1952. The original Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce was chartered in 1969. After a decline in membership in the 1990's, the Chamber was re-energized in 2003 and is once again a strong advocate for local business.